Don't join any of these group ISIS, Al Qaida, Al Shabab and Boko haram these are human traffickers

Friday, March 16, 2012

Gang Rape in Somalia




Uploaded by on Mar 13, 2012
Hargeisa, the capital city of Somaliland, hosts over 20,000 refugees . Fatima Hussein Ismail is one of them. She travelled alone one year ago, walking for days, to seek a better life.

Only 18 when she arrived in Hargeisa, she only had a distant uncle for support and started working for a local family. One night, while she finished cleaning the yard, three men raped her.
She thought that day was the worst of her life, until she realized she was pregnant.

The baby will never allow her forget that night or hide what happened to her.
Fatima Hussein, 20 years old:
"There would be no problem if I was alone, but now that I am carrying a baby....the women I do domestic work for keep on looking at me and insulting me. People don't call me any other name than 'a bastard who is carrying a bastard'"

After she delivered the baby, her uncle asked his son to marry her. But her new husband put a condition to the marriage.
In the first two nights he [my husband] said: "Can I tell you something? [If you want to stay here] you should throw this thing (baby) away"

She refused to kill her little girl, but her family rejected her, forcing her to leave the house and move to one of Hargeisa's many refugee camps.

Fatima attempted to kill herself and her baby many times

No comments:

Post a Comment