Don't join any of these group ISIS, Al Qaida, Al Shabab and Boko haram these are human traffickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Human trafficking: 21-yr-old woman rescued at airport

indianexpress.com
After being orphaned early in life, she grew up with her grandmother in a village near Amritsar. Hoping to provide for the woman who had raised her, she did odd jobs and washed vessels for households in the neighbourhood. She wished for a better life — one that would have people treating her with respect. However, fate seemed to have something else in mind for her.
Two days ago, the 21-year-old girl was kidnapped from her village and brought to the Capital, so she could be taken to Bahrain to work as a bar dancer.
On Wednesday, a CISF duty officer found the girl weeping near Gate no 7 of Terminal-3. When he asked what was wrong, she related the story of a human trafficking racket, where an Amritsar-based agent trafficked girls through promises of a better life.
“We were promised a better life and a standard pay, which we never got,” the girl told police.

A senior police officer investigating the case said, “The girl identified the man as Shiv Kumar, a resident of Sultan Wing Road in Amritsar, who was involved in trafficking girls to Singapore, Bahrain and UAE.”
“Three to four months ago, Shiv Kumar sent me to Dubai with the aid of two other agents, Aman Marwah and Dinesh. I stayed in Fortune Hotel with 20 other girls from Punjab and Jammu. They made me work at a dance bar for a month, but it was not the kind of life I wanted. I tried to end my life by consuming phenol, and I was brought back to Delhi,” the girl said in an official statement to the police.
However, she was arrested by the Crime Branch on her way back as her immigration papers were incomplete. After spending three days in jail, she was released on bail and allowed to return to her grandmother in Amritsar.
However, on May 17, Shiv Kumar turned up at her residence and said that as the bail amount came up to a few lakhs of rupees, she would have to repay it by going to Bahrain and working as a bar dancer there for three years.
“When I refused, he beat me up and threatened me with dire consequences. The whole night, he locked me and my grandmother in a room,” the girl said.
In the early hours of May 18, Shiv Kumar allegedly brought the girl and her grandmother to Delhi. “By 2.30 pm, he had arranged for my ticket on Gulf Air,” she said.
“A case of kidnapping has been registered, and a hunt launched,” DCP (IGIA) R A Sanjeev said.

No comments:

Post a Comment